If you’re in the market for a new camera (or something else photography-related), Henry’s Black Friday sale is a must-see. They call themselves “Canada’s greatest camera store.” Based on the Black Friday deals they’re offering this year, I’m inclined to believe them. They’ve got pretty awesome discounts on some very well-reviewed cameras, action cameras, accessories, and drones. I mean, yes, it’s Black Friday. So, it’s expected that the sales will be good but these deals are absolutely worth checking out if you’re at all into photography (or want to start a new hobby in 2018).
- Get $200 off of a Nikon D3400 + Nikon AF-P 18-55mm lens + Nikon AF-S 55-200mm lens + a gadget bag and an extra rechargeable battery (
$899.99$699.99) <– My favourite deal.
- Save over 30% on the Canon Powershot SX620 + get a bonus mini tripod (
- $120 off a Canon EOS Rebel T6 + EF-S 18-55mm lens (
- Get $70 off a Sony Cybershot HX80 + bonus 16GB memory card (
- Save $150 on the Sony Alpha A6000 + an E PZ 16-50mm lens (
- $150 off a Nikon D5600 + Nikkor AF-P VR lens + a bonus 64GB Sandisk Extreme memory card (
- Save $300 on Canon EOS 80D body (so, that means no lens) + get a bonus accessory kit and battery (
$1599.99$1299.99) <– A deal that gets an honourable mention.
- 25% off a Fujifilm XP120 waterproof, all conditions camera (
- Get $50 off a Panasonic Lumix ZS50 (
- Save $120 on a Nikon Coolpix B700 (
- $50 off an Olympus Tough TG5 camera (
- 33% off a Sony HD Handycam CX405 + get a bonus 32GB Lexar memory card (
- Get over 40% off a Canon Pixma IP8720 photo printer (
$349.99$199.99) <– Another offer that gets an honourable mention.
- Save 33% on a Lexar 32GB SDHC 1000X Pro Memory card (
- $20 off a Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 5 bag (
- Get $50 off a Manfrotto Element Tripod Kit (you can also get it in red) (
- 33% off a Vanguard Alta Rise 45 backpack (
- Save 35% on a Cameron T310BH Tripod + a case + a monopod (
- $150 off of a Cameron W700HS TTL-C Flash (For Canon cameras) (
- $150 off of a Cameron W700HS TTL-C Flash (The same deal, just for Nikon cameras) (
- Get 35% off an Aputure Amaran LED Video Light (
- Save $150 on a Cameron CF700 tripod kit with fluid video pan head (
Drone Deals (Well, Deal*)
- $150 off a DJI Spark drone (
Action Camera Offers
- Save 33% off a Sony ActionCam (HDR-AS50) + get a bonus 32GB Lexar memory card (
- Pick up a GoPro Hero6 + a bonus 64GB Lexar memory card (a $79 value) + a LowePro case for only $649.99
- Get 30% off a Safari 4K Action Cam (
The deal on the Nikon D3400 (plus lenses and a bunch of other stuff) is the one that really caught my eye. You get the camera and an AF-P 18-55mm lens, AF-S 55-200mm lens, a gadget and (yes, even more) an extra battery for just under $700. It’s actually very affordable for a camera and all the lenses and accessories you’ll need to get started. You’ll be saving $200 (which comes out to around 22% off) on one of the best-reviewed entry-level DSLR cameras on the market. Yes, it still costs a bit of money but, in the camera world, it’s an excellent deal for a solid camera that is perfect for getting you into photography. Add in the fact that Henry’s Black Friday sale makes it hurt your bank account a lot less and it’s worth picking up this Black Friday.
If you’re on a (slightly) larger budget or a photo enthusiast, the Canon EOS 80D deal presents a more expensive option. That said, it’s a very, very good DSLR camera that’s worth buying at full price. With a solid discount ($300 comes out to 18.7% off), it becomes a great Black Friday buy.
Henry’s Black Friday sale runs all the way through to Cyber Monday (which is November 27), so have a little of time. That said, if you see something that you want, I’d recommend buying ASAP. A lot of times these deals are out of stock well before Cyber Monday, so I would try to move quickly.
There were a few interesting things I noticed when checking out their website. First, you can shop by phone (1-800-461-7960). Secondly, quantities are limited (as I was saying above), they reserve the right to correct any errors, you can’t combine offers or apply them to past purchases, taxes and fees aren’t included in the prices, and their terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Basically, it’s just boring legal stuff. Anyway, happy shopping!
Black Friday Discount is here to make Black Friday easy.
We are Black Friday Discount (we like being called BFD though) and we’re your one-stop shop for the hottest Black Friday sales in Canada. We cut through the garbage to bring you the real Black Friday deals. A few years ago, we got so frustrated with all the dodgy sale sites and crappy sponsored deals that we made BFD. We watch for the best sales, make sure they’re legit (with the help of our price tracker), you score some sweet deals, and then we talk to each other if we see any stores acting sketchy or playing price games.
Did we miss something? Tell us. Did Henry’s let you down? You know who to send a message to (Pssst, it’s us). So, sit back, relax, and get your shop on.